The Anangu Communities Foundation (previously the Mutitjulu Foundation) was established by Voyages Indigenous Tourism in 2003. The Foundation raises money to fund projects in the Anangu communities of Mutitjulu, Kaltukatjara, Watarrka, Imanpa, and the APY Lands. The Foundation covers an area of 350,000 sq km in the tri-state region of NT, SA and WA.
The Foundation raises funds through private donations, guest donations and donations through Voyages. The Foundation allocates funding for projects that directly build capacity of the community through targeted projects that are focused on improved health outcomes, improved education outcomes, and social and economic development through societal and employment participation. With the ongoing support of guests, staff and corporate contributions, the Foundation has funded over $1,000,000 for community-initiated projects.
The Foundation has assisted with funding for a large list of projects including the construction of the Mutitjulu Flexible Aged Care Facility, as well as many school initiatives and transportation needs. Extended list of projects that have been funded by the Foundation.
Many new projects are currently being undertaken and considered by the Anangu Communities Foundation.
Aṉangu (people) from Ngaanyatjarra, Pitjantjatjara and Yankunytjatjara (NPY) communities are empowered to improve their well-being through increased education, improved health and greater social and economic participation.
The Foundation works from a strength based position placing Anangu communities at the centre of all that the Foundation does. Through promotion, and by encouraging the successful participation of Anangu communities in education, health, skills development, employment and sustainable enterprise development the Foundation strives to support Anangu build on their strengths and grow within their communities. The Foundation will continue to strive to assist Anangu communities to achieve a more positive future for all, whilst maintaining strong cultural values and customs.
- We value Aṉangu knowledge, experiences, practices, culture and beliefs
- We value respect, partnerships and success
- Support projects that align with our vision and achieve positive outcomes
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships between the Foundation, Aṉangu communities and Voyages through consultation, communication, cooperation and transparency
- Build and maintain relationships with external organisations that may assist us to achieve our objectives
- Market the Foundation to attract donors and increase revenue so we can continue to achieve our objectives